Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Personal War On Terror

Photobucket

Terrorism is still alive and kicking even after 8 years since 9/11 happened. What's worst is that it has spread to Malaysia's neighbouring countries like Indonesia(JI) and the Philippines(Abu Sayyaf).

I was recently given the opportunity to indirectly fight the war against terror through technology and it involved me travelling to the coastal cities of Borneo.
Photobucket
Hi tech equipment.That's me on the right without a shirt.Il fait chaud

Photobucket
On guard

Photobucket
Climbing the radar tower

Photobucket
Damn high tower

Photobucket
Training with a view

My task was to set up several high tech equipment for survelliance purposes on several key coastal locations. That meant taking 3 different kinds of transportation on a daily basis - car, boat and helicopter to reach the sites. It is scary at times when we still lifted off in a heli during bad weather. What did not help was also the sweltering heat of the sun but what is there to do when work beckons.
Photobucket
Transport No.1 = Van

Photobucket
Transport No.2 = Boat

Photobucket
Transport No.3 = Nuri Helicopter


Nevertheless, it never cease to amaze me that some of the places I go to are just absolutely gorgeous and dazzling.
Photobucket
This is nice

Blue blue blue ocean

All in all, I hope that my minor contribution played a key role in eradicating terrorism on Malaysian shores so that we can live without the threats of voilence but most importantly, so that we can dive peacefully in the Celebes Sea without the threats of terrorist basterds.
Photobucket
Khidmat Untuk Negara (Serving The Country)

No comments: