Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Remaining Communist in Malaysia

I was on my usual waterfall hike last weekend near the Grik/Baling area. After a 3 hour hike, we found the waterfall, beautiful and mesmerising as all waterfalls in Malaysia.
On the way back through the thick and dense jungle, I thought I saw something moving in the bushes. Curious, I went for a closer look and I couldn't believe what I saw !!
A COMMUNIST !!!!!!!!!

Communist lurking behind bamboo trees

He was pretty nervous when I approached him. I told him that all the communist surrendered years ago and his leader, Chin Peng is now living in Thailand and that the Soviet Union has fallen. He wouldn't believe me and said that all my stories were capitalism propoganda.
Communist in the Grik/Baling jungle

I also asked him why did he look so young and healthy after being in the jungle for almost 30 years. He cooly took a sip from the stream and said, spring water.

After taking pictures of him, he asked me to not show his face as this would anger his supreme leader, Chin Peng.
Before I left, he tried to brainwash me with some Communist propoganda " Communism is a socioeconomic structure that promotes the establishment of an egalitarian, classless, stateless society based on common ownership of the means of production ...." I listened and told him I'll think about communism when I'm back in town.
Saying goodbye to the last communist in Malaysia


Next time, I will come back to persuade him out from the jungle. Man, 30 years and still fighting the war. Respect!!!

2 comments:

Srikanth Siva said...

he wears his shorts pretty high up doesnt he...

Joe said...

aiyo... this communist also not bad.. still go out shopping cos has a modern sandals on... kekekeke