Friday, December 21, 2018

Magnificent View of Mt Kinabalu At Kg Sangkir, Kota Belud, Sabah

Background of Mt Kinabalu
There is a place in Kota Belud, Sabah called Kampung Sangkir. The entire area is cultivated with padi fields and therefore, you can have an unobstructed view of Mount Kinabalu which can only be visible in the morning.

By 9am until 4pm, clouds would have covered the majestic mountain.

Not knowing the place well, I arrived at 4PM and drove around the padi fields to scout for a place to pitch my tent. I need some alone time. On my own with beatific and insidious thoughts.

Alone


I pitched a tent overnight and little did I know, Kampung Sangkir is also another place for star gazing. Trillion of stars for your eyes to feast on.
There is literally no one in this area except for one or two villagers who will fish at one of the many canals.
Whatever you do, don't swim or take a bath at the canal. It looks inviting but according to one villager I met, he said that rashes will develop all over your body if you submerge yourself into the canal water.

Having a cuppa
Nice right?
You can pitch your tent on the road
Canned sardines and coffee at the break of dawn

No comments: